‘Understanding Self Harm’ – Thursday 15th June 202317th May 2023
International Men’s Health Week (MHW) will run from Monday 12th until Sunday 18th June.
As part of Men’s Health Week, the South Eastern Health Trust are holding their next ‘Understanding Self Harm’ training session on Thursday 15th June 2023, 9.30am-1.30am (with a 30 minute break at 11.00am).
Trainer: Conor McCafferty
Pre-requisite: This training is for carers, not people who are self–harming.
Description: This training is an introduction to issue of self–harm and how it can be impacted by alcohol misuse.
It aims to:
• Raise awareness and increase understanding of self–harm
• Increase understanding and the assessment of risk
• Understand why people find it hard to change
• Explore alternative copying strategies
• Develop skills and sustain a positive working relationship with people who self–harm
Target Audience: Anyone living with or working in a caring role within the South Eastern Health Trust area.
Cost: Free – via Zoom
To register please contact Eileen.email@example.com